Experience Profile of Duane Gayer;
- California licensed general contractor 1984-2013 #503849
- Licensed California real estate broker 1984-2013 #00866181
- Appraiser California licensed (expired)
- ICC certified building inspector #5311026 (expired)
- HUD-certified compliance inspector W319
- HUD-certified 203k consultant #S0406
- InterNACHI Certified Home Inspector
- Certified lead paint inspector
- Foundation certification
- Binding Arbitration Judge
Retirement is not an option!
For many years, I was a HUD-certified 203k consultant. Then I retired! However, retirement is not for me.
I missed the satisfaction of helping people realize their part of the American Dream.
Therefore, it is time to get back into the game. During my career, I completed more than 1200 work-write up and numerous HUD compliance and home inspections. I joined InterNACHI and completed many of their educational courses, in addition to taking junior college classes in architectural drafting to learn how to read and understand plans.
One goal was to build great single-family homes.
Therefore, I visited project sites of the best builders in town and collected business cards. It resulted in an outstanding list of subcontractors for my projects.
I visited my jobs at least once each day to spend time watching and discussing any problems that might come up. Together we always figured it out. My philosophy is - if there are two ways to do something, choose the highest quality option. That always worked for my clients and me.
I built several spec homes:
which sold for more than my colleagues expected due to high-quality construction.
One house I built was finished;
start to finish, in six weeks. The key was to line up my subs well in advance so they could be at the job on the specified date. Often, two or more subs were working at the same time. The home sold before it was finished.