To become successful;
Whether you are a salesman working with a customer, or a professional with a client, these twelve steps can help you turn your job into a successful career!
Six positive things to do!
- Always remember - your client's desires come first!
- Always be on time for appointments. Showing up late tells your client they are not essential. There are no acceptable excuses for being late.
- Always remember - referral business is the best business, as the potential client is already 80% sold on you.
- Attend college classes to further your skill set.
- Join a Toastmaster group and learn how to speak in public
- Since you spend a lot of time in your car, let it become your classroom. Recommended listening includes:
Six things not to do!
- Never deceive your client. Disclose bad points first - this quickly builds trust, and trust is the key
- Never try to impress your client with how smart you are.
- Never try to impress your client with how much power and authority you have.
- Never let greed come into the relationship.
- Never be concerned about how much money you make - do good quality work, and the money will take care of itself.
- Never stop upgrading your skills. Stay ahead of the competition. With the internet, you can learn almost anything online, often earning credits and getting certifications of your accomplishments.
Above all, remember these keys to success:
"Do to others as you would have them do to you" (Luke 6:31)
"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and to lose his soul?" (Mark 8:36)
Copyright 1999 Duane Gayer 203k.org